Nagoya, Japan, October 10, 2018 - Mexico and Dominican Republic will face off in Pool E in Nagoya on Wednesday.
· Dominican Republic won the only previous major world level meeting with Mexico, 3-0 in the first round at the 2006 World Championship.
· The women's world level major competitions are: the Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and the Nations League.
· Dominican Republic also won in straight sets in their most recent encounter at the NORCECA Championships, in 2015.Mexico
· Mexico lost 3-1 to Brazil on Monday, but by winning the first set against the Brazilians, Mexico ended a run of losing 12 successive sets.
· The last time Mexico had lost four matches in straight sets they ended that run by losing their next match 3-1 (against Cameroon in 2014). Following that 3-1 loss, Mexico won their next match, the 3-0 win versus Argentina at this tournament.
· The last time Mexico claimed multiple wins at a single edition of the World Championship was in 1982 (W7-L2).
· Mexico's next win will be their 25th victory at the World Championships.
· Andrea Rangel is Mexico's top scorer on 115 points, while Samantha Bricio has recorded 16 aces (0.7 on average per set).Dominican Republic
· Dominican Republic have a W3-L4 record at the 2018 World Championship.
· Dominican Republic have lost their two matches in the second round. They started the 2018 tournament by losing two matches in a row, before winning their next three by a 3-0 scoreline.
· Dominican Republic have only won more World Championship matches in 2014 (7) than in 2018 (3).
· Dominican Republic's three straight-set victories in this edition are already a record for them at a single World Championship.
· Brenda Castillo has registered 89 digs, an average of 3.9 per set.
· As setter, Niverka Dharlenis Marte Frica has an average of 7.5 per set.