Yokohama, Japan, October 4, 2018 - Argentina will be meeting Cameroon and will be seeking to end their losing spell in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Cameroon and Argentina have faced each other once before at a world major level tournament.
• The women's world level major competitions are: the Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and the Nations League.
• Argentina beat Cameroon 3-2 at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, 15-13 in the final set.
• Christelle Tchoudjang Nana scored 25 points for Cameroon in that 3-2 defeat. Emilce Sosa scored 21 points for Argentina.
• Cameroon have faced South American opposition twice at the World Championship - losing 3-0 to Brazil in 2006 and in 2014.
• Argentina have won their three matches against African sides at the World Championship, all by a 3-0 scoreline.Cameroon
• Cameroon claimed their first ever win at the World Championships on Saturday (3-1 versus Mexico), but failed to win a set since in their defeats against Germany, Netherlands and Japan.
• Cameroon have one win and 13 defeats at World Championships. Twelve of those 13 losses came in straight sets, with a 3-1 defeat against Canada in their first match of the 2014 edition as the only exception.
• Laetitia Crescence Moma Bassoko is Cameroon's top scorer after three matches on 48 points. She scored seven points against Japan, before sitting out the third set.Argentina
• Argentina have lost all four matches at the 2018 World Championship by a 3-0 score, against Japan, Mexico, Germany and Netherlands.
• Argentina have never lost their first five matches at a World Championship.
• Argentina have lost four consecutive World Championship matches in straight sets for the first time.
• Argentina have won at least one match at each of their previous five World Championships.
• Elina Rodriguez (38) and Josefina Fernandez (36) lead Argentina in scoring at the 2018 World Championship.