Kobe, Japan, October 2, 2018 - The United States are looking for their third win in their match against Korea to extend their winning run in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• United States have won each of their last 10 encounters with Republic of Korea in major encounters at world level.
• World level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• Republic of Korea's last victory against United States in a major encounter at world level came at the 2005 World Grand Prix, where Korea won 3-2 in front of a home crowd in Seoul.
• Their only previous meeting at the World Championship dates back to 1967, when Team USA won 3-1 in Tokyo, Japan.
• Earlier this year, these teams met in the Nations League. United States prevailed in straight sets in Santa Fe, Argentina.United States
• Reigning world champions United States started their 2018 campaign with 3-0 wins against Azerbaijan and Trinidad & Tobago.
• Against Trinidad & Tobago, United States conceded only 33 points and registered 13 serve winners.
• United States won their first eight matches at the 2014 World Championship, of which five victories came in straight sets.
• Michelle Bartsch-Hackley (15 points) and Tetori Dixon (13) reached double figures in scoring against Trinidad & Tobago.Republic of Korea
• Republic of Korea started their 2018 World Championship with defeats against Thailand (3-2) and Azerbaijan (3-1).
• Republic of Korea have now lost four straight World Championship matches. They are in danger of equalling their longest losing streak in the tournament (5 matches), set in 1986.
• Republic of Korea have never started a World Championship with three straight defeats.
• Yeon Koung Kim leads her team in scoring at this World Championship on 42 points.