Kobe, Japan, October 2, 2018 - Thailand will be facing Trinidad & Tobago in Pool C on Monday and the Asian squad will try to follow-up with their second win after their opening day triumph.
• These sides have never met in a major encounter at world level.
• World level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World aGrand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• Trinidad & Tobago have never run into AVC opposition in a major encounter at world level.
Trinidad & Tobago
• Debutants Trinidad & Tobago started their World Championship campaign with straight-set losses against Russia and United States.
• They have now faced the winners of the last three World Championships: Russia claimed the title in 2006 and 2010, United States in 2014.
• Trinidad & Tobago won one of their six matches in their previous world level major competition, the 2017 World Grand Prix. They defeated Australia 3-1 in front of a home crowd in Port of Spain.
• Channon Thompson is her team's top scorer on 19 points at this World Championship.
• Thailand started with a win over Republic of Korea and a loss against Russia, both in five sets.
• Until this weekend, Thailand had never played a five-set match at World Championships. Their previous 22 matches were all decided in three or four sets.
• Thailand could win multiple matches at a single World Championship for the second time, after four wins in 2010.
• Pimpichaya Kokram scored a team-leading 19 points for Thailand against Russia. She was also her team's leading scorer against Republic of Korea (25 points).