Yokohama, Japan, October 3, 2018 - The Netherlands already earned three matches and are aiming to claim another win in their match against Argentina for a perfect start in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Argentina and Netherlands will meet for the second time at the World Championship. Netherlands won the first encounter 3-0 in 1982.
• Netherlands have a W6-L0 record against Argentina at major world level tournaments.
• World level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• The two teams also faced each other in the 2018 Nations League, with Netherlands winning 3-1 against Argentina.
• Argentina (43) scored almost as many points from spikes as Netherlands (45) in that match, but it made 33 errors versus 18 errors for Holland.Argentina
• Argentina opened their 2018 World Championship campaign with 3-0 defeats against Japan, Mexico and Germany.
• Argentina could lose four consecutive World Championship matches in straight sets for the first time.
• Argentina can lose their opening four matches of a World Championship campaign for the second time, after 2014 (also opening four).
• Four Argentine players reached double figures in scoring against Germany: Lucia Fresco (15), Elina Rodriguez (12), Emilce Sosa (11) and Josefina Fernandez (10).Netherlands
• Netherlands beat Germany 3-1, Japan 3-2 and Cameroon 3-0 in their first three matches of the 2018 World Championship.
• This marks the first time Netherlands have started a World Championship campaign with three successive victories.
• Netherlands also won their final match of the 2014 World Championship. The Dutch can win five World Championship matches in a row for the first time.
• Celeste Plak scored a match-high 23 points in the match against Cameroon. No other Dutch player scored more than 10 points in that match.