Nagoya, Japan, October 10, 2018 - Germany will aim to win against Puerto Rico in Pool E in Nagoya on Wednesday.
· Puerto Rico have lost both their previous World Championship matches against German teams - in 1974 against West Germany (3-0) and in 2006 versus Germany (3-0). Current squad member Karina Ocasio scored a match-high 16 points in that defeat in 2006.
· These nations last met in world level major competition (Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup) in 2013, when Puerto Rico beat Germany in five sets at the World Grand Prix.
· Germany's last win over Puerto Rico at world level was a five-set victory at the 2009 World Grand Prix in Rio de Janeiro.Germany
· Germany lost 3-0 to Serbia on Monday following their 3-2 win against Brazil. Germany now have W4-L3 record at the 2018 World Championship.
· Germany could loss back-to-back World Championship matches for the first time since four successive defeats in 2014.
· Germany have already equalled their total number of wins from 2014 (4). In 2010, they claimed seven victories, most for them since the German reunification (1994).
· The best result for a German team in World Championship history was a fourth-place finish for the German Democratic Republic in both 1974 and 1986. Germany's best result since the reunification was a fifth-place finish at the 1994 World Championship.
· Louisa Lippmann leads Germany in scoring at the 2018 World Championship on 140 points, including 18 aces.Puerto Rico
· Puerto Rico started the 2018 World Championship with a 3-0 defeat against Brazil. They bounced back by claiming two 3-0 wins in a row, but since then they have lost four successive matches, all in straight sets.
· Puerto Rico could lose five matches in a row at a single World Championship for the first time since six consecutive defeats in 2006. All those six defeats came in straight sets.
· Of Puerto Rico's last 23 World Championship matches, 22 have finished in straight sets (W4-L19). The only exception was a 3-2 defeat against Azerbaijan in 2014.
· A win would equal Puerto Rico's best tournaments in terms of most matches won, in 1982 and in 2002.
· Daly Santana has scored 88 points for Puerto Rico.