Sapporo, Japan, October 2, 2018 - China will be aiming for a straight-set win against Canada to keep their perfect winning start in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• China won their only previous match against Canada at the World Championship, 3-0 in 2010.
• They have met four times in total at world level major tournaments, and all four matches ended in a 3-0 win for China.
• The women's world level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• China are the only opponents against whom Canada have played at least four matches at world level, without having won a set.China
• 2014 runners-up China opened their 2018 quest for the title with straight-sets win over Cuba and Turkey.
• China started their 2014 campaign with eight wins, including six in straight sets.
• That 2014 World Championship was also the only time in this century that China started the tournament with consecutive 3-0 victories.
• Ting Zhu scored 16 points in both of China's wins this tournament.Canada
• Canada opened their World Championship with 3-0 losses against Turkey and Italy.
• Canada have now lost six straight World Championship matches, since a 3-1 win over Cameroon in their opener in 2014. That was Canada's only victory in their last 16 matches in the tournament.
• Canada have had two longer losing streak than their current six-match run, a streak of seven defeats in 1974 and a run of nine losses in 2002-2010.Alexa Lea Gray (23 points) is Canada's top scorer after two matches.