Hamamatsu, Japan, October 3, 2018 - Brazil will be seeking to win against Kenya on Wednesday to get back on the winning track after Serbia snapped their 33-match winning streak in the group stage of the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Brazil have won all their seven matches against Kenya at world level major competition (Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup), all in straight sets.
• This includes a first round encounter at the 2010 World Championships (25-15, 25-16, 25-11). Jaqueline Carvalho scored a match-high 12 points for Brazil in Hamamatsu, Japan.
• These nations last met at world level on 5 November 2011, when Brazil needed only 61 minutes to beat Kenya 3-0 at the 2011 World Cup in Nagano (25-15, 25-16, 25-9). Tandara Caixeta scored 15 points for Brazil.
• Brazil have won their only previous World Championship two matches against African opposition, 3-0 wins versus Cameroon in 2006 and in 2014.Kenya
• Kenya started their 2018 World Championship campaign with a 3-0 win over Kazakhstan, followed by 3-0 defeats to Serbia and Puerto Rico.
• Kenya's victory over Kazakhstan on 29 September is their only win in 23 World Championship matches.
• Kenya could win at least one set in two different matches at the 2018 World Championship. The only previous time they did this within a single World Championship edition was in 2006: a 3-1 defeat versus Poland and 3-2 defeat versus Costa Rica.
• Mercy Moim is Kenya's tournament top scorer on 46 total points.Brazil
• Brazil opened their 2018 World Championship campaign with straight sets victories over Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic, before losing 3-0 to Serbia.
• Brazil could lose back-to-back World Championship matches for the first time since 2002, when they were beaten 3-2 by China and Republic of Korea.
• Their loss against Serbia indicated the end of Brazil's winning streak of 33 group stage matches at World Championships (22 of which in straight sets). Their previous group stage defeat was 3-0 against United States in the 2002 second group stage.
• Tandara Caixeta is Brazil's tournament top scorer on 34 points.