Sapporo, Japan, October 3, 2018 - Winless Canada and Cuba will have the opportunity to snap their losing streak as the NORCECA sides face each other in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Cuba have won both of their matches against Canada at the World Championship, 3-1 in 1974 and 3-2 in 2002.
• Cuba also have won all five other matches versus Canada at world level major tournaments.
• The women's world level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• At continental level, Canada have won the last three meetings with Cuba, at the Pan American Games in 2015, and at the NORCECA Championship in 2015 and 2017.
• Canada beat Cuba 3-0 at that 2017 NORCECA Championship. Alexa Lea Gray scored 19 points for Canada in that match. Sulian Caridad Matienza Linares scored 12 points for Cuba.Canada
• Canada opened their World Championship with 3-0 losses against Turkey, Italy and China.
• Canada have now lost seven successive World Championship matches since a 3-1 win over Cameroon in their opener in 2014. That was Canada's only victory in their last 17 matches in the tournament.
• Canada have had one longer losing streak than their current seven-match run, a streak of nine losses in 2002-2010.
• Kiera Van Ryk (31 points) is Canada's top scorer after three matches.Cuba
• Cuba opened their 2018 campaign with straight-set losses against China, Bulgaria and Italy.
• Cuba have now lost their last 10 matches at the World Championships, their longest run without a win in the competition.
• Cuba are one shy of 75 wins at World Championships. They currently are on 74 wins and 34 defeats.
• Ailama Cese Montalvo is Cuba's tournament top scorer with 30 total points scored, one more than Diaris Perez Ramos (29).