Osaka, Japan, October 8, 2018 - The United States remain unbeaten in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship and are looking to keep their winning momentum against Turkey.
• United States won both of their previous two World Championship matches against Turkey: 3-1 in 2006 (9th-10th place decider) and 3-1 in 2014 (second round).
• This is a repeat of the 2018 Nations League final which was won by United States in five sets.
• Turkey and United States met three times at the 2018 Nations League, and all finished in five sets. Turkey won 3-2 in the first group stage, USA 3-2 in the final round group stage and in the gold medal match.
• Turkey have won three of 15 major world level meetings with USA. Apart from their Nations League win, Turkey won 3-1 at the 2008 World Grand Prix and 3-2 at the 2014 World Grand Prix.
• The women's world level major competitions are: the Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and the Nations League.Turkey
• Turkey lost their second round opener against Russia (3-0) and now have three wins and three defeats in the 2018 campaign.
• Wins and losses have alternated in Turkey's 2018 World Championship (W-L-W-L-W-L). All matches ended in straight sets, except a 3-1 win over Cuba in their fifth match.
• Turkey could lose back-to-back World Championship matches, which would equal their longest losing streak in the tournament. Their only consecutive losses came in 2010-2014 and in 2014 (2 each).
• With her eight points against Russia, Eda Erdem Dündar (57) took over from Meryem Boz (56) as Turkey's top scorer at the 2018 World Championship.United States
• Reigning world champions United States have won all six matches at this World Championship. Three wins have come in straight sets.
• United States won their first eight matches at the 2014 World Championship, of which five victories came in straight sets.
• Including their last three matches at the 2014 World Championship, United States can win 10 successive world championship matches for the first time since the first 10 matches of the 2002 campaign.
• United States have lost only one of their last 23 world level major tournament matches, the 3-1 defeat against Serbia at this year's Nations League on 12 June 2018.
• United States have three players with 56+ points this tournament: Kelly Murphy (61), Kimberly Hill (58) and Jordan Larson (56).