Nagoya, Japan, October 14, 2018 - Reigning world champions United States are seeking to break their losing spell in their second encounter with China in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Earlier this tournament, China beat United States in straight sets (25-17, 26-24, 25-18) in Osaka (second round).
• China and United States have now both won four of the previous eight World Championship matches between these countries.
• Four years ago, these nations met in the World Championship final with United States claiming their first ever world title (3-1 win).
• United States qualified for the 2018 Nations League final (3-2 win over Turkey) after beating China 3-1 in the semis.China
• China are secured of a top-six finish at the 2018 World Championship. China finished in the top six in eight of their last 10 World Championship participations (8th in 1994, 10th in 2010).
• China have won eight of their nine matches at the 2018 World Championship, with the only exception a 3-1 defeat against Italy in their final first round fixture.
• Ting Zhu (147), Xiangyu Gong (105) and Xinyue Yuan (102) have all scored more points at the 2018 World Championship than USA top scorer Jordan Larson (94).United States
• United States are secured of a top-six finish at the World Championship for the third edition in a row. They finished fourth in 2010 and won the tournament in 2014.
• United States kicked off their 2018 World Championship campaign with seven consecutive wins, but are now on a two-match losing streak in the competition.
• The last time United States lost three World Championship matches in a row was in 2010, when they lost their last second round match, in the semi-finals and the third-place decider.
• Jordan Larson has scored a team-high 94 points at the 2018 World Championship. Kimberly Hill is on 83 points.