Kobe, Japan, September 30, 2018 - Reigning world champions United States will play NORCECA side Trinidad & Tobago and hope to pick up their second consecutive win in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• These teams have never met in any major encounter at world level.
• World level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• These two did meet at the 2011 NORCECA Championship. United States triumphed in straight sets in Caguas, Puerto Rico.United States
• Reigning world champions United States started their 2018 campaign with a win: 3-0 against Azerbaijan.
• United States are hoping to become the fifth team to retain a world title in women's volleyball, following Soviet Union/Russia, Japan, China and Cuba.
• United States won their first eight matches at the 2014 World Championship, of which five victories came in straight sets.
• Four United States players reached double figures in scoring against Azerbaijan, with Kimberly Hill (12) leading the way.Trinidad & Tobago
• Debutants Trinidad & Tobago started their World Championship campaign with a straight-set loss against Russia.
• Trinidad & Tobago won only one of their six matches in their previous world level major competition, the 2017 World Grand Prix. They defeated Australia 3-1 in front of a home crowd in Port of Spain.
• Channon Thompson scored 11 of Trinidad & Tobago's 44 points against Russia.