Sapporo, Japan, October 4, 2018 - Turkey will be facing winless Cuba at the end of the first round and will be looking to get back on the winning track in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Cuba won their only previous match against Turkey at the World Championship - 3-0 in 2006.
• Turkey won three of the other four encounters with Cuba at major world level.
• The women's world level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• These teams last met at the 2012 World Grand Prix, when Cuba won once, and Turkey claimed two victories.Cuba
• Cuba opened their 2018 campaign with four losses, against China, Bulgaria, Italy and Canada.
• Cuba have now lost their last 11 matches at the World Championships, their longest run without a win in the competition.
• Cuba are one shy of 75 wins at World Championships. They currently are on 74 wins and 35 defeats.
• Diaris Perez Ramos (41 points) and Ailama Cese Montalvo (40) lead Cuba in scoring at the 2018 World Championship.Turkey
• Turkey have a W2-L2 record after four matches at the 2018 World Championship. They won 3-0 against Canada and Bulgaria, and lost 3-0 versus China and Italy.
• Wins and losses have alternated for Turkey in this tournament. In their World Championship history, they have only one run of more than two matches with the same result: four wins in 2014-2018.
• Turkey could lose back-to-back World Championship matches for the third time, after 2010-2014 and 2014.
• Turkey could lose consecutive World Championship matches in straight sets for the first time.
• Eda Erdem Dündar is Turkey's tournament top scorer on 42 points.