Sapporo, Japan, October 2, 2018 - After losing their second match in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship, Turkey will be seeking to bounce back against a winless Bulgarian side on Monday.
• Bulgaria won the only previous match against Turkey at the World Championship, 3-2 in 2014.
• This is their only encounter at world level major tournaments.
• The women's world level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• At the European Championship, Bulgaria have won five of the six matches against Turkey, including a 3-2 win in 2017.
• Turkey's only win versus Bulgaria at the European Championship was a 3-1 win in 2005.Bulgaria
• Bulgaria started their World Championship with a 3-0 defeat against Italy and a 3-0 win against Cuba.
• Bulgaria's last four wins in World Championship matches have come in straight sets. Their last win in which they lost a set was in a 3-2 victory against Turkey in 2014.
• Four players led Bulgaria in scoring against Cuba with 11 points each: Gergana Dimitrova, Nasya Dimitrova, Miroslava Paskova and Hristina Ruseva.
• Five different Bulgarian players scored at least one point from spikes, blocks and serves against Cuba.Turkey
• Turkey opened their 2018 World Championship with a 3-0 win over Canada and a 3-0 loss against 2014 runners-up China.
• Only once before, Turkey lost back-to-back matches within a single World Championship. This happened in 2014 against Bulgaria and Brazil (both 3-2).
• For the first time ever, Turkey could lose back-to-back World Championship matches in straight sets.
• Ebrar Karakurt was the only Turkish player in double figures against China on Sunday (16 points).