Hamamatsu, Japan, October 1, 2018 - Puerto Rico will be aiming to win against Kenya in order to record back-to-back wins in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• These nations will meet for the third time at the World Championships. Puerto Rico won both previous encounters.
• Puerto Rico and Kenya last met at the World Championships in the 2010 first group stage. Puerto Rico won in straight sets (25-20, 25-23, 25-19).
• These teams also clashed at the 2002 World Championships, when Puerto Rico beat Kenya 3-1 in the first round (25-18, 19-25, 25-14, 25-23).
• Puerto Rico and Kenya last met at world level major competition (Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup) on 10 June 2016, when Puerto Rico won 3-0 at the 2016 World Grand Prix.Puerto Rico
• Puerto Rico lost against Brazil (3-0) and won against Kazakhstan (3-0). For the fourth World Championship in a row, Puerto Rico started with a straight-set loss followed by a straight-set win.
• Puerto Rico could now win consecutive World Championship matches for the first time since 2006, when they beat Cameroon (3-0) and Kazakhstan (3-1).
• 21 of Puerto Rico's last 22 defeats at World Championships have come in straight sets. Their only non-straight set defeat in this run (2002-2014) came versus Azerbaijan in 2014 (3-2 loss).
• Stephanie Enright is Puerto Rico's tournament top scorer with 23 points.Kenya
• Kenya started their 2018 campaign with a 3-0 win over Kazakhstan and a 3-0 loss against Serbia.
• Kenya now have one win and 22 defeats at World Championships.
• On Saturday, Cameroon and Kenya became the first African countries to win a match at the World Championship. They can both become the first African sides to claim two wins in the competition.
• Mercy Moim is Kenya's tournament top scorer with 35 total points.