Nagoya, Japan, October 11, 2018 - NORCECA sides Mexico and Puerto Rico are meeting for the first time in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Mexico and Puerto Rico meet for the first time at a major world level competition.
• The women's world level major competitions are: the Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and the Nations League.
• Puerto Rico beat Mexico 3-2 in their most recent meeting at the NORCECA Championships, in 2015.Mexico
• Mexico can no longer secure a top six finish at the World Championship, something they had never managed previously. Their best showing so far is a 10th place finish in 1974.
• Mexico have won one match at this World Championship, but have lost all three in Pool F, without securing a single table point in this stage of the tournament.
• Mexico have won only one of their last 23 matches at World Championships. That was their 3-0 victory over Argentina earlier in this tournament.
• Mexico's next win will be their 25th victory at the World Championships.
• Andrea Rangel is Mexico's top scorer on 129 points, while Samantha Bricio has recorded 17 aces.Puerto Rico
• Puerto Rico can no longer reach the final six, something they had never achieved prior to this tournament at World Championships. Their best showing is a 10th place finish in 2002.
• Puerto Rico have won two matches in this tournament, but have lost all of their three matches in Pool E so far.
• Puerto Rico have lost their last five World Championship matches. Their longest losing streak in the competition is seven, achieved on two previous occasions.
• Daly Santana has scored 109 points for Puerto Rico and she is the only player on the team that has topped 100 in the tournament.