Yokohama, Japan, October 3, 2018 - Hosts Japan will be seeking a comeback in their match with Cameroon to earn their third victory in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Japan have played against Cameroon one time at a world major level tournament.
• They beat Cameroon 3-0 at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, with Miyu Nagaoka scoring a team-high 16 points.
• The women's world level major competitions are: the Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and the Nations League.
• Japan have won all five matches against African opposition at the World Championship. All these wins came in straight sets.
• Cameroon's only match against an Asian team at the World Championship resulted in a 3-0 defeat, versus Kazakhstan in 2006.Japan
• Japan won two of their opening three matches at the 2018 World Championship: 3-0 victories against Argentina and Mexico and a 3-2 defeat to Netherlands.
• Japan have won at least three of their first four matches in their last three World Championship appearances. The last time they did not manage this was in 2002.
• Japan could win back-to-back World Championship matches in straight sets. They managed this once in each of the last three editions of the World Championships.
• Sarina Koga is Japan's tournament top scorer on 44 points.Cameroon
• After claiming their first ever win at the World Championships on Saturday (3-1 versus Mexico), Cameroon suffered 3-0 defeats against Germany and Netherlands.
• Cameroon now have one win and 12 defeats at World Championships. Eleven of those 12 losses came in straight sets, with a 3-1 defeat against Canada in their first match of the 2014 edition being the only exception.
• Laetitia Crescence Moma Bassoko is Cameroon's top scorer after three matches on 41 points. She scored a team-high 17 points against Netherlands on Monday.