Sapporo, Japan, October 2, 2018 - Italy will be seeking a win to equalise the win-record in their sixth encounter in the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• This is the fifth match between Italy and Cuba at the World Championship. Cuba have won three times and Italy have won once, in 2006.
• Cuba's 3-2 win against Italy in 2010 was Cuba's last win at the World Championship before the start of the 2018 tournament.
• Italy have won six of the last eight encounters with Cuba at world level major competitions. The most recent match was a 3-0 win at the 2013 World Grand Prix.
• The women's world level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.Italy
• Italy started their 2018 World Championship with 3-0 wins over Bulgaria and Canada.
• In 2014, Italy started their campaign with four wins, in 2010 with three.
• In 2014, Italy's first three matches all finished in a 3-0 victory.
• Paola Ogechi Egonu was Italy's top scorer against Bulgaria (17 points) and against Canada (18).Cuba
• Cuba opened their 2018 campaign with straight-set losses against China and Bulgaria.
• Cuba have now lost their last nine matches at the World Championships, their longest run without a win in the competition.
• Cuba are one shy of 75 wins at World Championships. They currently are on 74 wins and 33 defeats.
• Diaris Perez Ramos was Cuba's top scorer in both 2018 World Championship matches thus far, with 13 points against China and 11 against Bulgaria.