Sapporo, Japan, October 3, 2018 - Former world champions Italy will be looking to win their third consecutive match with European rivals Turkey in the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• Italy have won both their matches against Turkey at the World Championship, 3-0 in 2006 and 3-0 in 2010.
• Turkey have won two of their 11 matches versus Italy at world level major tournaments, a 3-1 win at the 2014 World Grand Prix, and a 3-0 victory at the 2018 Nations League.
• The women's world level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• Meryem Boz scored 15 points for Turkey in that 3-0 win at the 2018 Nations League, and Anastasia Guerra scored 14 points for Italy.Turkey
• Turkey opened their 2018 World Championship with 3-0 wins over Canada and Bulgaria and a 3-0 loss against China.
• Turkey could register back-to-back wins in World Championship matches for the third time, after two in a row in 2010 and four straight in 2014-2018.
• Turkey could register back-to-back straight set wins for the second time at World Championships, after the last match of 2014 (v Kazakhstan) and the first of 2018 (v Canada), and for the first time within a single edition.
• Meryem Boz is Turkey's tournament top scorer with 37 total points.Italy
• Italy started their 2018 World Championship with 3-0 wins over Bulgaria, Canada and Cuba.
• In 2014, Italy started their campaign with four wins, in 2010 with three.
• In 2014, Italy's first three matches all finished in a 3-0 victory, before dropping a set in the fourth match against Germany (3-1 win).
• Paola Ogechi Egonu was Italy's top scorer in all three 2018 World Championship matches thus far. She has 50 total points in the tournament.