Nagoya, Japan, October 11, 2018 - Germany seek to improve further their win-record in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship to six wins when they face the Dominican Republic on Thursday.
• German teams have won four of the seven World Championship meetings with Dominican Republic.
• Three of those four German victories came in 1974, one as German Democratic Republic (3-0) and two as Federal Republic of Germany (3-0, 3-1). The other victory was a 3-0 by Germany in 2006.
• Dominican Republic have won three of the last four World Championship encounters with German teams: 3-1 in 1978 (v FRG), 3-2 in 1998 and 2014 (v GER).
• German teams have won 13 of the 19 major world level meetings with Dominican Republic, including each of the last three.
• Their most recent world level meeting took place at the 2018 Nations League. Germany won 3-1.
• The women's world level major competitions are: the Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and the Nations League.Germany
• Germany can no longer reach the final six. Since Germany's re-unification, they achieved this only once, when recording a fifth place finish in 1994.
• Germany have won five matches at this World Championship, which is already one more victory than they amassed in the tournament four years ago.
• The last time Germany won more than five matches at a single World Championship was when they won seven in 2010.
• Louisa Lippmann is the tournament top scorer on 165 points, with 135 of those points coming off spikes.Dominican Republic
• Dominican Republic can no longer reach the final six. Their only top six finish at World Championships so far was recorded four years ago, when they finished fifth.
• Dominican Republic have only won more World Championship matches in 2014 (7) than in 2018 (4).
• Dominican Republic's four straight-set victories in this edition are already a record for them at a single World Championship.
• Brenda Castillo has registered 93 digs, an average of 3.6 per set.