Yokohama, Japan, October 1, 2018 - Germany are looking to beat Argentina for the fifth straight time in the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• German teams have won all four matches against Argentina at the World Championship.
• Argentina won two sets against German teams, in their 3-2 defeat against West Germany in 1960.
• At all major world level tournaments, German sides won six of the seven matches against Argentina, including a 3-0 win the 2018 Nations League.
• World level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• Hannah Orthmann (12) for Germany, and Sol Piccolo (11) for Argentina were their team's top scorers in that match in the Nations League.
• Argentina's only win over German opposition at a major world level tournament was a 3-2 victory at the 2013 World Grand Prix.Germany
• After losing their 2018 World Championship opener against Netherlands (3-1), Germany beat Cameroon 3-0.
• In 2014, Germany also started with a defeat (3-2 v Dominican Republic) before winning their following two encounters against Argentina and Tunisia.
• Germany's last five wins at the World Championships, four in 2014 and one in 2018, all came in straight sets.
• Lisa Gründing was Germany's top scorer against Cameroon with 10 points, while Louisa Lippmann is the team's tournament top scorer with 33 total points.Argentina
• Argentina opened the 2018 World Championship with 3-0 defeats against Japan and Mexico.
• For the first time since 1990 (3), Argentina could lose three consecutive matches in straight sets within a single World Championship.
• Argentina have won only one of their last 10 World Championship matches, 3-0 against Tunisia in their fifth and final match in 2014.
• Julieta Constanza Lazcano and Josefina Fernandez managed to reach double figures against Mexico (10 points each).