Hamamatsu, Japan, October 4, 2018 - Dominican Republic will be aiming for their consecutive win when they face Kenya in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• These nations will meet for the second time at the World Championships. In 2002, Dominican Republic beat Kenya in straight sets in the first round (25-20, 25-20, 25-21).
• Dominican Republic and Kenya last clashed at a world level major competition (Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup) on 5 June 2016, when the Dominican Republic won 3-0 at the 2016 World Grand Prix.
• These nations also met at the 2007, 2011 and 2015 World Cup, with Dominican Republic winning on all three occasions. Only in the 2011 edition, Kenya avoided a straight-set defeat (3-1 loss).Dominican Republic
• After having lost their opening two matches of this World Championship 3-0 against Serbia and Brazil, Dominican Republic claimed victories against Kazakhstan and Puerto Rico.
• Dominican Republic could now win three World Championship matches in a row for the second time, after a run of eight victories in 2010-2014.
• Dominican Republic could win three successive World Championship matches in straight sets for the first time. Their only previous back-to-back straight-set wins came in 2002 (versus Kenya and Argentina).
• Bethania De La Cruz De Peña is her team's tournament top scorer on 39 total points, followed by Yonkaira Paola Peña Isabel (37) and Prisilla Rivera Brens (36).Kenya
• Kenya started their 2018 World Championship campaign with a 3-0 win over Kazakhstan, followed by 3-0 defeats to Serbia, Puerto Rico and Brazil.
• Kenya's victory over Kazakhstan on 29 September is their only win in 25 World Championship matches.
• Kenya could win at least one set in two different matches at the 2018 World Championship. The only previous time they did this within a single World Championship edition was in 2006: a 3-1 defeat versus Poland and a 3-2 defeat against Costa Rica.
• Mercy Moim is Kenya's top scorer at this World Championship on 48 total points. She managed only two points in Kenya's loss against Brazil on Wednesday.