Sapporo, Japan, October 3, 2018 - China will be eyeing their fourth consecutive win in their match with Bulgaria in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship.
• China and Bulgaria have met five times before at the World Championship.
• Bulgaria won the first two matches, in 1956 and 1974, and China won the next three encounters in 1978, 1989 and 2002, all three in straight sets.
• China have won the last five matches against Bulgaria at world level major competitions, all in straight sets.
• The women's world level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.China
• 2014 runners-up China opened their 2018 quest for the title with straight-sets wins over Cuba, Turkey and Canada.
• China started their 2014 campaign with eight wins, including six in straight sets.
• That 2014 World Championship was also the only previous time in this century that China started the tournament with consecutive 3-0 victories (four in a row).
• Ting Zhu is China's tournament top scorer with 46 total points.Bulgaria
• Bulgaria started their World Championship with defeats against Italy and Turkey and a win against Cuba. All matches ended in straight sets.
• Bulgaria's last four wins in World Championship matches have come in straight sets. Their last win in which they lost a set was in a 3-2 victory against Turkey in 2014.
• In 2014, Bulgaria won two of their first four World Championship matches. The last time they had fewer than two out of four was in 1998 (1).
• Nasya Dimitrova (10 points) was the only Bulgarian player who reached double figures in scoring against Turkey on Tuesday.