Osaka, Japan, October 11, 2018 - Bulgaria are looking to end their 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship with a win against Azerbaijan to record back-to-back victories.
• Bulgaria and Azerbaijan meet for the first time at a major world level tournament.
• The women's world level major competitions are: the Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and the Nations League.Bulgaria
• Bulgaria can no longer reach the final six. They secured their last top-six finish at World Championships in 1970 (sixth).
• Bulgaria are looking to close out this World Championship campaign with back-to-back victories, something they have not managed so far in this tournament.
• Bulgaria have claimed three wins at the 2018 World Championship, one fewer than they had in 2014.
• Gergana Dimitrova and Nasya Dimitrova are Bulgaria's leading scorers in 2018, both on 110 points.Azerbaijan
• Azerbaijan can no longer reach the final six. Their best showing at World Championships is a ninth-place finish in 1994.
• Azerbaijan have won two matches at this World Championship, but have lost all three of their matches in Pool F so far.
• Azerbaijan have lost four in a row, their longest losing run within a single World Championship. They also lost four in a row from 1994 to 2006.
• Polina Rahimova leads her team with 135 points scored at this World Championship. None of her teammates has contributed to more than 70.