Yokohama, Japan, September 30, 2018 - Argentina and Mexico are meeting for the first time in the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship and the two squads are looking for their first win in the 2018 edition.
• This is the first time Argentina and Mexico will play against each other at the World Championship.
• This will also be the first time Argentina and Mexico face each other at a major world level competition.
• World level major competitions are: Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix, Grand Champions Cup and Nations League.
• Argentina have a W1-L8 record against NORCECA sides at the World Championship. That win was a 3-2 victory against Puerto Rico in 1982.
• Mexico have won four and lost one match against South American teams at the World Championship. They lost 3-0 versus Peru in 1974.Argentina
• Argentina opened the 2018 World Championship with a 3-0 defeat against hosts Japan.
• Argentina have now lost their opener in all of their six World Championship appearances. Only in 2002, they won their second match (v Kenya).
• Argentina have won only one of their last nine World Championship matches, 3-0 against Tunisia in their fifth and final match in 2014.
• Argentina scored 40 points against Japan. Seven of those were courtesy of Elina Rodriguez, most of all players.Mexico
• Mexico started their World Championship campaign with a 3-1 defeat against Cameroon.
• Since the start of the 2002 World Championship, Mexico have lost all of their 16 matches at the World Championship. Their last win was a 3-2 victory against West Germany in 1982.
• Mexico managed to win one set against Cameroon. They now could register two consecutive matches with at least one set won for the first time since their last two matches in 1982.
• Andrea Rangel scored a team high 20 points for Mexico on Saturday.